Saturday, May 5, 2007

Microwave... Day 5.

The last day was yesterday. Sorry to my loyal...reader...for not posting on time. The Lady Friend is sick, so we had a night of movies and ice cream last night. Anyhoot, on to the last fun-filled post until Monday. I haven't quite decided what to give up yet, and I think I'm going to start leaving it a surprise until Mondays from now on. Also, no pics. My camera has officially shuffled off this mortal coil...

Things that suck(ed)...

1. Not being able to eat the foods I want in a short amount of time. As Mitch Hedberg once famously said. "I love baked potatoes, but I don't have a microwave. Sometimes I'll throw a potato in the oven even if I'm not hungry, because by the time it's done, who knows?" I definitely have a little of that going on. I got on to a big oatmeal kick, and you can forget making it on the stove (what a MESS). I've been eating Honey Nut Cheerios, which aren't bad, but still. The worst part? I don't eat breakfast, like, ever. I eat oatmeal (or cheerios, as the case was this week) at midnight or later. So I am fully conscious of the absence of oatmeal.

Things that (didn't)...

1. I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. Unlike the computer, it is possible to live without the microwave, and do so quite easily. By the end of the week, I barely noticed it was gone. I almost slipped up when i was going to fire up some left-overs, but I was fine waiting.

P.S. If anyone likes, or hates this, or thinks it's stupid, or the coolest thing since sliced bread, leave comments! I'd love some feedback from reader(s)!

1 comment:

Captain Coinpurse said...

I told you I'd do it:

www.mybighairyballsack.blogspot.com