Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Well, I'm turning to you, my readers...

I've done the Computer (which sucked) and the Microwave (which wasn't bad or good). I'm going to take the next few days to take 'er easy and relax in my modern world. I turn now to you, my public, for help. I want to know what to give up next! It can be common or strange, big or small. Leave a comment here suggesting a modern convenience to surrender. I'll take the best one, embrace it to my ample bosom, and ditch it for a week. I'm actually a little excited about this. It should give me an idea of what kind of person spends time here at Before There Was.
Thank you to those who take time out of their days to read my ramblings, and to those of you who have helped me via nuts and bolts (Harry), inspiration (Anesia, mon amour), or even being an asshole (but one I can tell is a little jealous I came up with what turned out to be a pretty interesting read...Ryan). Thank you to the random reader who stops by and decides to stay for a while. Without you, none of this matters. I look forward to the comments.
Your Humble Blogger,
Pat

5 comments:

H-Bomb said...

How about the fork. Live like the medievals and eat everything with a spoon. Or vice versa, whichever came first. That's your department, not mine.

Emily Smith said...

i vote for writing utensils. that way you could hone your ASL skillz... that is if you can even sign anything to begin with. i know one phrase, "my squirrel creates happiness." it won't get you anywhere, though.

Harry Smith said...

Emily and I had a great idea - Give up Google. Outside of blogger, of course, but you'd have to use an alternate search engine for a week, yahoo, msn, etc. Try THAT!

anesia said...

Maybe you could combine giving up something with starting something. Give up the phone, but start writing letters. Give up the t.v but start reading the paper..

Captain Coinpurse said...

Silence... of.... the Laaammmbsss..