Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Before There Was...

The Cubs, I was a happy man. But alas, I have chained my cart to the most inept bunch of horses in professional sports. I have often thought of giving up. Bases loaded, nobody out, and they can't get anyone home...twice...in a week...both in the 8th inning. I don't want to say I could do a better job, but sweet baby jesus, pay me $500,000 a year to bat in JUST THOSE SITUATIONS and I bet I could get someone home. For that money, I'll lean into a pitch, crouch so I have a smaller strike zone, punch an opposing pitcher in the testicles, whatever will help. I'm just a team player like that...plus I'd love to punch a pitcher or two in the yambag. Here we go again, first pitch is at 8:05, I'll be crying myself to sleep by 11:00...

1 comment:

Captain Coinpurse said...

You've stuck by them this long... No sense to stop rooting for them now.

You'll probably use your social security check to buy a ticket to their World Series game. I would anticipate the stadium would become, "Pride-chair" friendly by then.