Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm sticking with sugar, but I'm gonna give it up for a week...

So I was reading on da intrawebs about artificial sweeteners, and I'm using sugar from now on...Did you know that Splenda (sucralose) was never tested on humans before release to the public? Or that it's chemical composition is much closer to DDT than sugar? Or that the Hydrogen atoms removed from the sugar molecule were replaced with chlorine? OR that it causes the thymus glands to shrink (weakening the immune system GREATLY) and the livers to increase in size and fat content in rats? Saccharin causes cancer (faster than you might imagine), Aspartame (Diet Pops) causes MS-like symptoms, memory loss, seizures, and irritability, Splenda causes 'roid-like rages in some people, sugar causes cancer and Christ knows what else...You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. More to follow, I gotta go scope some scooters white devils...

3 comments:

H-Bomb said...

But where did all of these statistics come from? Always be sure to question your sources, especially on these here intarwebs. Also, whats the low down on the DOSEAGES required to get these effects? If someone has one or two diet cokes and a cup of coffee with sweet n low each day, will that hurt them in the long run, or is it like the results they got with the rats and saccharine by giving them such huge volumes of sweetener that of COURSE it would kill them. That's always been my argument, and I think it's true of MOST things, not just sweeteners, moderation is the key. Don't drink a 12 of diet coke every day or use 10 packets of splenda in your tea. Moderate.

Captain Coinpurse said...

Shut up and eat your splenda.. hippie.

Go hug a tree.

P-Rickles said...

My sources include the NEJM, so I feel pretty secure in my convictions. As far as moderation is concerned, why risk it? Just go with the sugar...